Cholesterol is one type of lipid produced by the liver naturally. It’s one kind of fat-like substances. Cholesterol does not dissolve with blood. The liver produces lipoproteins to help cholesterol to travel.
Fat and protein transform lipoprotein which carries cholesterol. There are two types of lipoproteins. One is- Low-density lipoprotein which called LDL. Another is- High-density lipoprotein which called HDL.
If the blood contains too much LDL is called high blood pressure which is the cause of many health problems like heart attack and stroke.
LDL is known to us as bad cholesterol. If your blood carries too much LDL it can be harmful to your body. It can build up to block walls in your arteries. These walls can narrow your blood circulation path narrow your arteries. It can reduce the flow of blood and raise the risk of blood clots. It can cause your heart attack or stroke.
High-density lipoprotein (HDL) is good cholesterol which helps you to reduce the amount of LDL. When there is a sufficient amount of HDL it will reduce the risk of blood clots, heart disease, and stroke.
It can remove the cholesterol walls from your arteries too.
Check your cholesterol level
American Heart Association recommends that- you should check the cholesterol level in the interval of every four years after the age of 20. If you have a family history of high cholesterol you should check the cholesterol level more often.
After checking the cholesterol level if you find that your LDL level is too high than HDL your doctor should diagnose you with high cholesterol. it is very dangerous for your health, especially for your heart.
Maintain doctor advise to reduce high cholesterol. with doctor advise you may follow some tips to control LDL level-
- Reduce consuming saturated fat and sugar. Do not take calories more than 10 percent from saturated fat and sugar.
- Eat enough cholesterol. If you reduce to eat enough your body will make whether you do not consume it.
- Replace some foods. Eat healthy foods and snacks by replacing some saturated fat and processed snacks foods.
High Cholesterol Symptoms
Most of the time it do not show any sign and symptoms in the initial stages. Its called silent hunter. Most of the time people can not realize any sing and symptoms until they feel any complication situation like a heart attack or stroke.
So, it is very important to check your cholesterol level in the interval of some times.
Day by day it is increasing death for heart attack and stroke. So, you should keep in mind that it is dangerous and invasive for your healthy life.
Causes of high cholesterol
The main cause of the effect of high cholesterol is consumption foods of high cholesterol and saturated fat. Smoking and inactivity is another reason for high cholesterol. An unhealthy lifestyle may be contributing to raising your LDL level.
If your parents have high cholesterol problem you may be the risky position to effect by this too. So genetics is one of the causes of high cholesterol in your blood.
Your other health problem like diabetes and hypothyroidism can increase your risk of high cholesterol.
People of all ages, races, and genders are at risk of high cholesterol.
A situation which is the cause of high cholesterol-
- Overweight and obese.
- Family history of cholesterol.
- Eat unhealthy foods.
- Smoking and drinking soft drinks of alcohol.
- Have diabetes, kidney disease, etc.
What is the risk of high cholesterol?
Its called silent hunter. Most of the time people can not realize any symptoms in the early stages. You should check it and discover it at the right time. Otherwise, it can be the cause of walls in your arteries. Over time this can narrow the path of blood flow and your arteries. This condition raises your risk of invasive blood clots. High blood pressure can raise your risk of gallstones. This condition may be the threading of lifelike-
- Heart attack
- High blood pressure
- Chest pain
- Heart block
- Kidney disease
- Peripheral vascular disease.
How to control high cholesterol?
If you have high cholesterol in your blood you should change your lifestyle and diet list. You should lead a healthy lifestyle. You have to know how to lead a healthy life.
You should take some different foods and avoid some foods from your diet list.
Which foods have to include?
To achieve a healthy cholesterol level, you should take-
- Choose lean sources of protein like chicken, fish, and legumes.
- Eat high fiber foods like fruits and vegetables and whole grains.
- Do not take fried foods.
- Eat broiled, streamed grilled and roasted foods.
- Eating fish and other foods that contain omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, mackerel and herring. Walnuts, almonds, ground flax seeds, and avocado. These kinds of foods help you to raise HDL levels and reduce LDL levels.
You may also check How to reduce cholesterol quickly.
What should avoid?
- Limit your intake of foods that are high in cholesterol and saturated fats.
- Avoid fast foods, junk foods, and preserved foods.
- Red meat, organ meat, egg yolk, and dairy products.
- Processed foods are made from butter, palm and coconut oil.
- Avoid deep-fried foods like chips, onion rings, and fried chicken.
- Some baked goods like some cookies and muffins.
You may take some of these foods according to your doctor’s advice. Lead a healthy life practice a healthy lifestyle, Remove your bad habits, eating a well balanced healthy diet, avoiding tobacco products will help you to achieve and maintain healthy cholesterol. it will save your life and reduce the complication of high cholesterol.